Now, my full second year of blogging has come to a close. This year I branched out and participated in Top Ten Tuesday and Top Five Wednesday periodically. This was a great way to connect with other bloggers. I had very few followers or commenters during my first year. It was a simple pleasure reviewing books that year as far as the blog went, and any commenting or conversation occurred only on Goodreads, where I would post my reviews as well. Now that I have more conversation happening with other bloggers on my site and theirs, I am spending less time on Goodreads. For me, book blogging is pure enjoyment. I feel I gain more from books if I take time to think and write about them afterwards. Then there is the added benefit of discussing them with other bloggers. Thank you to all of those who’ve become friends with me and engaged in discussions this year! Happy New Year!
Overall Views: 55,469 this year (64,961 overall) Unique Visitors: 40,141 this year
Book-Chatter’s Most Popular Posts:
- Born a Crime by Trevor Noah – Review posted 12/31/16. 7,460 visits this year. (same overall) 24 Facebook Shares.
- Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi – Review posted 10/20/16. 4,527 visits this year. (4,644 overall) 2 Facebook Shares.
- Commonwealth by Ann Patchett – Review posted 12/4/16. 4,297 visits this year. (4,320 overall) 5 Facebook Shares.
- The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead –Review posted 8/2/16. 4,054 visits this year. (4,537 overall) 11 Facebook Shares.
- Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris – Review posted 10/27/16. 3,046 visits this year. (3,118 overall) 3 Facebook Shares.
Where do People Visit From?
- United States – 45,161 visits
- Canada – 3,297 visits
- United Kingdom – 2,483 visits
- Australia – 1,182 visits
- Ireland – 222 visits
Where are Visitors Referred From?
- Search Engines – 43,167
- WordPress Reader – 550
- Top Ten Tuesday Linkup (brokeandbookish.com) – 387
- Android app – 373
- Facebook – 224
Most Popular Clicks On or Away From My Site:
- Vulture Magazine’s Interview with Colson Whitehead – 262
- Michiko Kakutani’s Review of Born a Crime in the New York Times – 251
- Apartheid Poster example posted on Born a Crime ~ Book Review – 234
- Simon and Schuster’s Reading Group Guide for My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She’s Sorry – 210
- LitLovers Discussion Questions for Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi – 205